Thinking of all of my friends and family and counting my blessings. Decided to send you a little something so I could share the holiday season with you. I saw the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, make these on the Food Network, and boy did it bring back memories! Mom made these on more than one occassion and I still remember them. I tried out Ree's recipe and they are just as good and addictive as I remembered - including the ones from the freezer! I hope you will enjoy them too, and have a wonderful Christmas!
Holiday Bacon Appetizers
- 1 sleeve country club-style crackers
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
(or brown sugar)
- 1 pound bacon slices, thin cut
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Lay the crackers face up on a large rack over a baking sheet (or broiler pan). Scoop about 1 teaspoon of the grated Parmesan onto each cracker. Cut the package of bacon in half (or cut pieces individually) and carefully, so the cheese doesn't fall off, wrap each cheese covered cracker with one half piece of bacon, completely covering the cracker. It should fit snugly around the cracker, but not be pulled too taut. Place the bacon-wrapped crackers onto the rack. Place the baking sheet in the oven for about 2 hours - they are done when the bacon is done.
3. You can serve immediately or the are also great at room temperature.
4. And another great thing about these is, you can make them way ahead of time, then store them in a large Ziploc in the freezer. Then, when you’re ready to serve them, just thaw and warm in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Here's what they look like...
Make some with Parmesan and some brown sugar for salty/sweet thing :)
And sure Ree would want me to warn you, be careful, these are way too good!
Love to all and Merry Christmas!
(Lucy & Ethel)